Gas costs reduced by 48% through improved procurement
Zodiac Aerospace design and manufacture premium seating and cabin interior products for major airlines. The company have two UK sites – one manufacturing site in Cwmbran, South Wales and a registered office, manufacturing, maintenance and repair centre in Camberley, Surrey. The repair centre has capability for the renovation of a wide range of equipment, including seats, lavatory modules, galleys, galley insert equipment, leather refurbishment, linings and feature furniture.
The company required a specialist consultancy to help develop their energy strategy in order to reduce energy consumption and increase savings, both through improved energy procurement and energy analysis to identify and attack areas of high wastage. RUMM engaged with both sites and partnered with UES for energy procurement expertise.
RUMM and UES worked in partnership to deliver a complete energy service for Contour including:
· Review of energy procurement processes to identify cost saving opportunities and best value suppliers for Electricity and Gas contracts
· Implementation of RUMM CAP (Consultation and Planning) to review metering requirements at key locations
· Investigation of energy management opportunities from which a blueprint was produced to reduce consumption over a five-year period
· Installation of a RUMM Pulse & metering network infrastructure to monitor energy use across all sites
The key benefits for Zodiac are:
· A 5 year RUMM Energy Management partnership with a 21 month ROI strategy
· A 48% reduction in gas rates which equates to circa £80k per annum savings
· Competitive electricity rates locked in for two years
· Introduction of a streamlined procurement process, with on-going energy management support
“Together RUMM and UES have delighted us with their attention to detail and willingness to own and resolve our energy-related issues, leaving us free to concentrate on our own core activities. Their combined approach to energy management and monitoring focuses on avoiding unnecessary cost and reducing risk, all backed up with detailed analysis and market intelligence.”
Alison Baker, Finance Director, Contour Aerospace Seating